Meeting The Devil - Dream Relections with Hades









When I opened myself up to inviting Demeter into my life I quickly noticed that as a part of that Journey along too came Hades. I don’t have a belief in the Hell that may be depicted in a lot of Archetypal inspiration from books, music, religion and pop culture. This made the experience into the underworld of my unconscious all the more interesting. 

I have had experiences where Hades, or the Devil shall we call him has come into my dreams, and when he does I have gleaned that he indeed signified a death for me. 

The way in which Hades decided to show himself in my dream during this period of connecting with Demeter, was to take on an associated image of him that I have imprinted in my mind from Pop culture: Crowley, from the popular T.V series Supernatural. A.K.A Mark Sheppard.


 http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110509204114/supernatural/pt-br/images/5/5d/Crowley2.jpg

 [Google Images]


I have mixed opinions on the idea of death, and it was important for me to pay attention during this initiation point in my life. I could feel it at the core of my spirit. In the way it tested my body when reacting to the dream and the triggers it fired off. 


In the dream Crowley was talking on the phone to someone I believed either worked for him or above him, he turned to me, and penetrated my entire being. I felt as though he was looking beyond the vessel of my body, and into the heart of me that was dying. I knew I was dying and I was not afraid. 

When he finished on the Phone there was breath of humanity that shifted between us and sorrow lined his face. This cold hearted, and cruel man, this cross road demon, he mourned that the human part of me was dying.


I asked him if he could give me a little while longer, and he showed mercy and gave me the time I needed to come to terms with what was happening. He also from that moment on became my protector, my guider into the unknown that was to come. 

We had a document tucked into a sofa that whenever someone came into contact with it, Crowley was right in there to make sure that the contract was sacred between us two. I woke up not long after attempting to pull the contract from out of the couch, and immediately knew something had shifted inside of me upon waking.


The fear of death, the fear of my life time that has stopped me from stepping outside my own story, and the similar patterns of the Archetypal journey close to Demeter’s heart was beginning to be awakened again in a fresh light. It was not gone, it had not left me, it was still there. Though my awareness to change it had grown and my drive to face it had strengthened with the support of Hades. Never in my life had I thought to make friends with the underworld in the way I had in my dream. In a way that was peaceful, and empowering. It also reminded me that even though death itself is had its negative reality inside my mind, there was also beauty in it, and there is beauty living both the physical and metaphorical death. 


I was granted my first taste of what having a God and Goddess in my life could do. I have a physical Mother and a Father and my relationship and understanding of them is often strained as they are two people who in a real sense are still unconscious. 

It was breathtaking to learn about Demeter and see my own mother reflected the Archetype alongside Hades as my Father and vise versa. It was even more valuable to see where they each played a part in my current romantic connections that were playing out similar stories and cycles.



No matter the association or the way they have chosen to present themselves. In my meditations or dreams Hades and Demeter began their journey in teaching me to be my own Mother and Father to myself. They have opened me up to be my own center of power and protection. 

To enjoy being my own person, and the time I spend in recluse without living an imbalance in both my light and Shadow side. 

They have birthed me to the reality that death in itself is another cycle. To let things die, that is an important part of it. It is an important part of rebuilding yourself as a person – mentally, physically and spiritually.


I am looking forward to finding out what each has to offer through the experience of the Archetype Journey.

Unknown

Blair is a Pagan Loving, Earth magic maverick with a love for Tarot, poetry, Herbs, Creative Writing and Learning. Here you will find all manner of magical tips, techniques, interviews and sharings

No comments:

Post a Comment